Questioning continued late Friday afternoon of a suspect in the armed robbery of a pizza restaurant earlier Friday.
Bernard Carter, 20, 508 E. Webster St., is charged with armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
He was picked up by police and charged during questioning at the Jail-Justice Center.
The amount of money taken in the stickup had not been determined Friday afternoon.
“None has been recovered,” said Lt. Eric Hampton, Thomasville Police Department public information officer.
All city schools were locked down until the suspect was in custody.
Because of recent school shootings in other cities, schools are locked down for security purposes.
“You never know where people are going to try to hide,” Hampton said.
A few minutes before 10 a.m. Friday, an employee at Little Caesar’s Pizza, 1516 E. Jackson St., unlocked a door to let another employee in.
The armed bandit followed the employee in, demanded money and fled on foot.
Satellite trucks on Sunday line the parking lot of a Publix store in Zephyrhills, Fla, where the highest Powerball jackpot worth an estimated $590.5 million was sold.
- Zephyrills eager to learn identity of lottery winner
- Brookwood graduates 21
- Yes, earthquakes can happen here
Summer Outreach Camp returning for 15th year
- Grant to fund real estate studies
- Local News
Archbold president and CEO Perry Mustian with D’Nena Stevens, 2012 Archbold Employee of the Year.
- D’Nena Stevens is employee of year
VIDEO: Man hands out Abercrombie clothes on Skid Row in bid to shame brand
Anger has mounted online against clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch due to comments made by its chief executive and its strategy of not making women's clothing in any size above large.
- SLIDESHOW: Texas storms damage homes, uproot trees After a series of tornadoes touched down outside Dallas, residents of many Texas communities are cleaning up.
- 'Bold' masked gunmen leave store empty-handed
- Coaches, pastors set to share strategies for discipleship
- County buildings meet most ADA requirements
- Calendar of events
- Local Sports